Pencil Painting Network

For all artists who love to paint with all kind of pencils like colored pencils, watercolor pencils, graphite, pastel pencils and so on.

Working Ladies

Gerri

Working Ladies

Post  Gerri on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:39 am

This is something I'm working on now, 2nd try with the pablos and hp watercolor paper, which I'm really liking. It's much easier to correct mistakes as well, and I've made plenty. (All those folds in the cloths were a lot for my old brain!!) I'm still doing some touch ups on the clothing, skin and container, but I thought I would post it. The ladies were carrying gravel, a long way, up steep narrow stairs and it was super hot. Repairs to a 16th century palace were going on in Orcha, India. My idea is to include a thin strip of the stones to the right, and then shadow where the opening is, with faint images of what's inside (that's hoping I can pull that off). I'm a little afraid their skin will blend in to much with the shadow, but not sure what else to do, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm open. The picture wasn't well planned, I was going to do the ladies in graphite, then decided on color, and the background was an after thought.

Here's the ref pics:

I won't be able to do any work on it for a while as we're going away for a couple of weeks, so if anyone comments and i don't answer, I'm not ignoring you! grin

My Gallery: http://artwithpencils-gerri.blogspot.com/[i]

andrea

Re: Working Ladies

Post  andrea on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:12 pm

This is looking excellent Gerri. I love the detail in the cloth especially.
    You have done really well seeing the ref pictures are so small.
    Gerri

Post  Gerri on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks Andrea. Actually, the ref pictures aren't that small, and I am able to enlarge them on my computer screen.

Janby

Post  Janby on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi Gerri, there are some wonderful textures in this, especially the clothing. I'll keep watching for updates Smile
    Gerri

Post  Gerri on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Janby, thanks. I haven't, unfortunately, been working on this for awhile, we've been super busy on the farm, plus been having a couple of family crisis. I don't know when I'll be able to get back to it, but I'm committed to finishing it, even if it takes me a while. When I'm going through stuff I find I can't work, usually just wreck my pictures, so I'm just leaving this alone for a while.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 am